In your forties, fifties, and sixties going forward, you may need to increase skin laxity and facial volume loss, neck bends, prominent jaws, and fine wrinkles above your upper lip. For face & neck lift in San Francisco, you should consider visiting Michael R. Macdonald at the Aesthetic Surgery Center in San Francisco, California, for customized treatment and results.
Benefits of a Facelift
A common misconception is that a facelift takes care of rejuvenating the entire face. To be more precise, a facelift surgery concentrates on the cheeks, jawline, jowls, and neck. The procedure aims to smooth deep facial folds and wrinkles. A facelift also lifts saggy jowls to reshape your jawline, address loose skin, neckbands, and elevate drooping cheeks.
Dr. Macdonald ensures that you get the most natural outcome by complementing your facelift with neck lift surgery or neck liposuction as part of your facelift procedure to deliver a smoothly contoured chin, neck, and allow your jawline and natural cheek silhouette to triumph. A successful neck or facelift improves your self-esteem as it restores your vitality by removing about ten years from your appearance.
What You Should Do Before a Facelift Surgery
Before a facelift surgery, you should draft a cautious plan focusing on restoring your skin and body to be as healthy as possible before a facelift treatment. You can consult the surgical recovery chart and plan conventionally to discover the maximum recommended downtime.
Your mind and body should be rested and at peace for the most exceptional surgical recovery experience. It would be best to prepare for facelift surgery when you are free from obligations in and out of your workplace.
Basic Details that You Need to Know About Facelift Surgery
Surgical rejuvenation of your neck and face is completed by lifting the underlying muscles of the cheeks, midface, neck areas, and jowls. The information highlighted below is highly essential before your treatment.
- Facelifts are performed in a hospital setting with the availability of post-op observation. General anesthesia is administered to make the procedure painless.
- To make the detection of scars difficult, incisions are carefully placed in natural skin creases behind your ears and within your hairline.
- Dr. MacDonald focuses his re-contouring and tightening efforts in the musculature of your neck, face, and the subcutaneous connective and soft fatty tissue under the skin.
- Dr. MacDonald removes unwanted pockets of drooping fatty tissue with the help of appropriate liposuction techniques.
- The final procedure is the realignment of your skin to the new contours of your revitalized face so that a conservative amount of excess skin is removed.
- To complete a facelift surgery, Dr. Macdonald takes about four to six hours, or more based on the additional procedures you need to achieve your beauty goals.
The facelift surgery resets your aging clock by about ten years, and the benefits of a single facelift surgery are visible for years to come.
Facelift Surgery Combination
For a comprehensive facial rejuvenation, a facelift can be supplemented with eyelid surgery or brow lifts addressing the effects of aging in your upper face. To address aging in your upper cheek area or midface, a midface mini-lift is incorporated into your facelift procedure. Your neck lift procedure is integrated into your facelift as required to achieve the best and most natural-looking rejuvenation results.
Healing After a Facelift Surgery
After your facelift surgery, Dr. Macdonald applies a light pressure dressing that is to be removed after one or two days during your first follow up visit. It would be best to have bed rest for one or two days to give your body the energy required to heal.
Non-dissolvable sutures and staples located above your hairline are removed at your five or seven-day post-op visit. You might experience some post-op bruising and swelling that occur briefly after your surgery which could persist for about two weeks.
After two weeks, you could be looking and feeling well enough to make a public appearance without feeling self-conscious. Makeup can help you disguise traces of faint residual bruising. After several months, you may feel numbness in your earlobes.
The final results of the procedure are evident at six-months post-op. However, you may need to follow the recommendations of your caregiver for optimal results. You can book an appointment via telephone or by using the online booking tool to schedule an appointment.