Knowing Who Turn to For Sports-Related Injuries and Rehab Solutions

Engaging in sports can be all fun and games until you get injured. Sports injuries might develop if you play contact games, have not done enough warm-ups, or make a wrong move. You might have seen professional athletes succumb to an injury despite having the stamina for it. You are not an exception. If you have a sports-related injury, visit University Pain Medicine Center for sports injuries in Englewood Cliffs. To get to the root cause of your injury, you should know what type of specialist to see. Below is a list of specialists that address these types of injuries.

  1. Sports medicine specialist

These types of specialists are different from regular doctors owing to their experiences in sports medicine. They can identify what type of injury you have, how it happened, and how serious it is. They are also experienced in integrative sports medicine, which involves addressing your physical, mental, and career problems that develop due to injuries. However, they might not do much if you have a joint injury.

  1. Physiotherapist

If you feel fatigued or have been diagnosed with anemia without joint problems, a physiotherapist can help get your athletic life back on track. They are stationed at rehab centers where physical exercises take place. If you have a sports-related injury, a physiotherapist might not be much of assistance.

  1. Chiropractor

Your coach might provide you with all the tips to boost your performance. However, they might not teach you how to avoid injuries. A chiropractor is best placed to help you identify what can cause your injury. Chiropractic care works by identifying risk factors for back pain and injuries that might not disappear with other conventional treatment solutions.

  1. Podiatrist

Your feet play a significant role in propelling your body as you take a run or kick a ball when you are out on the field. Consequently, you might develop a foot injury due to wrong footwear or when making wrong moves. A podiatrist can monitor how your feet operate and what risk factors can contribute to your foot injury. If you have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, a podiatrist can provide a treatment solution to help you get back on your feet.

  1. Orthopedist

Sports medicine also includes orthopedic care for athletes with damaged ligaments, bones, and muscles. This specialist type can diagnose your injury depending on your symptoms, including muscle pulls, joint pains, and fractures. Their primary goal is to alleviate your chronic pain that may develop due to fractures and joint pain.

The right doctor can treat your sports injury

While sports medicine incorporates all five disciplines, not all of them can resolve common injuries. Knowing who to turn to can save you the baggage of enduring pain or making wrong decisions. If you have a sports-related injury, do not wait until it is too late to seek help regardless of its seriousness. To know what types of injuries can affect you as an athlete, schedule a consultation with your doctor today.

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button