Invisalign is an orthodontic therapy that straightens teeth. It is a revolutionized method carried out to make you comfortable and confident. Some people often confuse Invisalign and conventional braces with metal wires and brackets. Here is what your Red Bank Invisalign Specialist would like you to know about the procedure.
Exercise Proper Oral Hygiene
Brushing teeth is part of oral hygiene. However, it would be best if you topped it up with routine flossing during the Invisalign treatment. You can easily do this by removing the Invisalign braces to access the space between your teeth. This process helps you eliminate food particles that could cause bacteria in your mouth.
Commit to Wearing Invisalign the Better Part of the Day
During Invisalign treatment, commit to wearing the trays for at least 22 hours each day. This will keep the trays aligned on your teeth when you are not brushing, eating, and drinking. Therefore, if you do not want the process to take long, ensure you keep Invisalign for extended hours each day on your teeth.
Keep the Aligners Clean
It is crucial to clean your aligners daily to avoid the accumulation of bacteria. Use lukewarm water to brush and rinse the trays. If you have piled-up plaque, soak the aligners for about 10 to 15 minutes in a denture cleaning substance. This will remove particles.
Ensure Timely Change of Your Aligners
You need to keep track of your aligners and change them accordingly. In some cases, people switch Invisalign sets after two weeks. However, it is essential to follow instructions from your dentist.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisible appearance: When you wear Invisalign, it can be hardly noticeable. It is clear, and you can smile with confidence.
- Comfort: Invisalign makes you comfortable since it is smooth. It will not cause sores and cuts in the mouth. The trays also fit your teeth well because they are custom made.
- Convenience: You can easily remove Invisalign whenever you want to eat or take a drink. You can also easily brush your teeth, unlike when wearing braces.
- Saves time: Invisalign takes less time for your teeth to straighten. This could take between 6 to 18 months. Maintenance is also easy, and you will need to visit your dentist every six weeks.
- Oral hygiene: You can remove Invisalign trays, brush, and floss your teeth with ease. This makes you keep your oral hygiene in check and avoid bacteria growth. Once done, you can pop them back. Additionally, the trays are easy to clean. You can remove them, clean them with a toothbrush, and place them back.
- Improved dental health- When you maintain straight teeth, there will be no room for gums. It also improves your overall dental health. The straight teeth are also easy to clean and maintain.
- You can eat whatever you like- Many orthodontists advise you to avoid or limit some food intake. However, that is not the case with Invisalign. You enjoy your favorite food once you remove the trays and place them back when done.
If you have any challenges with your teeth, you can contact your dentist for advice. A professional will examine your teeth and find possible solutions and treatments to realign your teeth. Therefore, improve your smile by getting in touch with your dentist. Book your appointment today to have your questions about the procedure answered.