How You Can Improve Your Sight Without Glasses and Contacts
Although glasses and contacts can improve your sight, they can be inconvenient. For this reason, Lasik eye surgery can be an alternative for you. It is a collective eye surgery that can eliminate your dependency on eyeglasses or contact lenses. When performed by experts, you can enjoy extraordinary results.
Dr. Achiron and Dr. O’Day have advanced over 20 years in medical ophthalmology, having performed and overseen more than 80,000 Lasik procedures. When considering Lasik in Atlanta, they are your best shot. Being experts in the field, you can get excellent results through the latest technological advancements such as the Zyoptix 100.
Besides choosing Lasik to release you from the burden of glasses and contacts, the procedure treats eye health conditions such as astigmatism, farsightedness, and nearsightedness. Upon going through Lasik surgery, your life will be instantly transformed, and you can enjoy it more. This is because you acquire the ability to apply makeup accurately and drive freely without the help of glasses or contacts, among other opportunities.
How the Procedure Works
To go through Lasik surgery, your provider must examine your condition and evaluate several factors to determine if it is the right option for you. Once verified, and you go for your appointment, your provider uses numbing drops to ensure you remain comfortable during the procedure. A unique surgical tool is then used to create a thin, circular flap in your eyes’ cornea. The flap is then folded to allow access to the stroma, which is underlying the cornea, and a bit of the corneal tissue is removed using an excimer laser to reshape it.
The removal of the tiny piece of cornea tissue is made possible by the highly innovative laser, which releases an ultraviolet light beam. Once the tissue has been reshaped, your eye can focus light on the retina more accurately, improving your vision.
The reshaping of the corneal tissue depends on your condition. If you are nearsighted, the aim becomes to flatten the cornea, and if you are farsighted, the objective is to make the cornea steeper.
Benefits of Lasik Surgery
The benefits of the Lasik eye are vast, but here are a few of them.
- The procedure has been proven effective in causing a dramatic reduction in eyeglass and contact lens dependence. Most people no longer require them after surgery.
- Lasik surgery allows adjustments to be made later after the procedure to correct vision if you experience any changes.
- The procedure is quick, and you can receive improved vision almost immediately, and there are no bandages or stitches involved.
- Lasik surgery is safe and is associated with very little pain because of the numbing drops used to improve your comfort during the procedure and the blade free methods used.
- Lasik surgery is life-changing. It boosts your confidence and self-esteem and enables you to participate in different recreational activities that you wouldn’t engage with eyeglasses or contacts.
You can enjoy these benefits on top of having improved vision without the burden of glasses and contacts if your provider approves that Lasik eye surgery suits you. Therefore, please don’t stay back uncomfortably if you have astigmatism, farsightedness, and nearsightedness; seek expert care and advice from your medical expert at Atlanta Vision Cataract and Laser Center.