A welcoming smile can make things great for you and if you are facing extensive decay in a tooth or have lost a tooth in an accident, crowns and bridges in Springfield can help you in getting back the lost glory of your smile.
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a cap shaped like a tooth and is made of different materials like porcelain and is cemented on a damaged tooth. A damaged tooth due to an injury and tooth decay can be resurrected with the help of dental crowns because they act like a snug hat for that tooth. These are used by dentists to restore the shape, size, appearance, and strength of the patient’s tooth.
What Are the Conditions That Call for a Dental Crown?
- A dental crown is used in restoring a missing tooth and is used in combination with either a dental bridge or a dental implant.
- If something leads to severe discoloration of a particular or several teeth, these crowns are used to match the tooth’s color with the other teeth.
- A chipped or broken tooth can also be restored with it.
- If a tooth has become weak due to decay or any other reason, a crown is used to provide strength to the natural tooth and thus helps in protecting it from being completely lost.
- If a tooth has faced severe damage and has been rescued with a large feeling, dental crowns are used to cover the tooth and provide the extra support that it needs.
- It is also used in covering a tooth that has undergone root canal surgery.
Advantages of a Dental Crown
- They are a long-term fix for the problem tooth and last anywhere from 5 to 15 years. This quality also makes them very cost-effective.
- They can be used to treat most cases that require tooth restoration; they are used to fix a wide variety of issues relating to damaged teeth.
- These are not that costly, and hence don’t burn a hole in your pocket.
- One thing that works great in their favor is that all the people who get them are completely satisfied with them.
The Bottom Line
Dental crowns are a great and efficient way of restoring a damaged tooth and enjoying a wonderful success rate. They are cost-effective and successful.